|Posted by berlinstreethealthcare on May 21, 2020 at 2:45 PM||comments (215)|
|Posted by berlinstreethealthcare on February 28, 2020 at 4:10 PM||comments (1)|
Coconut oil is STILL HEALTHY for you! Coconut oil has been a dietary staple of many civilizations for years and years, and it provides healthy, high quality fat that benefits your health. It helps support healthy thyroid function, boosts your metabolism, balances blood sugar, and is an excellent low glycemic, ketogenic fuel to use for energy.
After the world replaced meat, butter and eggs (which were staples of the American diet back when heart disease wasn’t even on the map yet back in the early 1900’s) with processed margarine, grains, and vegetable oils, we watched as populations grew obese, heart disease increased, and diabetes and other inflammatory diseases increased dramatically over the last 50 years. Instead of improved health, Americans have just gotten fatter and sicker. Heart disease rates increased, even though people have been eating what the AHA suggests is a heart-healthy diet. So if the AHA’s advice didn’t work 65 years ago, WHY would it start working now?
Keys tried to show that dietary saturated fats contributed to heart disease, ignoring the fact that processed carbs and sugar were major contributors to heart disease. When researchers have gone back in and looked at the data from all of the countries, there actually was no link between fat consumption and heart disease deaths, and there was no consideration of other factors such as smoking rates, stress factors, sugar intake, exercise frequency, or other lifestyle factors. So his conclusions were not actually even valid!
We have already discovered that Ancel Keys’ study on cholesterol and diet in the 50’s and 60’s was extremely flawed.
The Kitavans and The Tokelau people really did show zero signs of heart disease despite eating a diet high in coconut fat. They actually started getting fat, heart diseased, and diabetic after they started eating a more modern diet full of wheat, sugar, and vegetable oils. Not only were these primitive tribes extremely healthy, they were lean and had very little disease or health issues.
Coconut oil also contains lauric acid that helps to increase your healthy HDL cholesterol, and boost the immune system
Coconut oil is also very beneficial to the hair and skin for a healthy scalp and to ease skin irritations, as well as being an excellent moisturizer. Coconut oil reduces cavities when used as a tooth brushing aid, and the lauric acid it contains has powerful antimicrobial effects, even on toenail fungus.
Don’t believe the AHA when they say that you will have a heart attack from coconut oil. Heart disease is caused primarily by inflammation in the blood vessels, brought on by inflammatory, highly processed (that’s most all of them) vegetable oils, sugars, and starchy refined processed carbohydrates.
Trans fats (artificially hydrogenated oils) proven to be major contributors to heart disease
Heavily refined inflammatory vegetable oils such as soy, canola, cottonseed, corn oil, etc. Read more about healthy cooking oils vs unhealthy cooking oil here
- Too much refined sugar, especially high fructose corn syrup
- High intake of carbohydrates such as ‘whole grain’ bread, packaged cereals, snacks, crackers, etc
- Stressful lifestyle
- Lack of exercise
More than 17 studies and analyses have been unable to establish a clear link between saturated fats and CVD. And the American Heart Association cherry-picked their studies–some of them as old as 50-60 years old to use for their latest report. Tell me, does that make ANY sense?
Well, do you know anything about the American Heart Association? This organization is a non-profit organization made up of cardiologists and other medical professionals. The American Heart Association (AHA) is an organization with a mission to “build healthier lives free of cardiovascular disease and stroke.” In their 2011-2012 financial statement, the AHA noted $521 million in donations from non-government and non-membership sources and many well-known large drug companies, including those who make and market statins, contribute amounts in the $1 million range.
- A quick look at some of their funding sources includes:
- Amarin (Pharmaceutical Company)
- Amgen (Pharmaceutical Company)
- AstraZeneca (Pharmaceutical Company)
- Eli Lilly (Pharmaceutical Company)
- Glaxo-Smith Kline (Pharmaceutical Company)
- Merck (Pharmaceutical Company)
- Pfizer (Pharmaceutical Company)
- Regeneron/Sanofi (Pharmaceutical Company)
- Takeda (Pharmaceutical Company)
- California Walnut Commission (incentivized to undermine saturated fats)
- Ag Canada and Canola Oil Council (incentivized to undermine saturated fats and promote vegetable oils).
(More funding sources here)
In addition, the AHA takes in millions from big food companies, who—besides their donations– also pay $5-7,000 per product to gain the ‘heart-check mark’ that goes on the labels for advertising. These foods merely have to be low in fat and saturated fat and cholesterol. Doesn’t really matter how refined or how much sugar is added. Take a look at some high sugar cereals in the supermarket and you will see that they have the ‘heart-check’ mark, in spite of the fact they are one of the biggest causes of obesity, heart disease and diabetes. Hmmm.
It doesn’t take a genius to see that there may be a (not-so-hidden) agenda, as in:
…take statin drugs, eat more vegetable oil like canola oil, and only eat the AHA ‘approved products’. Isn’t that the advice that increased heart disease and created a country of overweight, unhealthy adults?
|Posted by berlinstreethealthcare on February 17, 2020 at 1:30 PM||comments (41)|
Sheet Pan Vegetable Hash with Eggs Rating:
Flipping the script on what a hash is supposed to look like, this one-pan-wonder swaps potato for finely chopped cauliflower and broccoli, making this simple plant-based bake as nutritious as it is delicious.
Total: 55 mins
• 1 small head cauliflower, trimmed, cored, and cut into florets
• 1 pound broccoli, trimmed, stem peeled, and cut into 1 inch pieces (greens and stems)
• 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
•1/2 red onion, diced (1 cup)
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 packed cups baby spinach
• 6 large eggs, room temperature
• Step 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until finely chopped (you should have about 4 cups). Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Repeat with broccoli and transfer to baking sheet. Add bell pepper and red onion and drizzle with olive oil; toss until well combined. Season with salt and pepper; spread in an even layer and roast, stirring once, until golden around edges, 25 to 30 minutes.
• Step 2 Remove sheet from oven; stir in baby spinach. Make 6 small wells in mixture with the back of a spoon. Crack an egg into each well and bake until whites are just set, about 5 minutes. Season eggs with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
|Posted by berlinstreethealthcare on February 14, 2020 at 2:45 PM||comments (0)|
There is a link between the motivation to do things and chronic low-grade inflammation!
The journal Trends in Cognitive Sciences Researchers from Emory University published that "inflammatory cytokines signal immunometabolic shifts," which directly impact mesolimbic dopamine (DA). The mesolimbic pathway, also referred to as the "reward pathway”, is implicated in the willingness to put in effort or seek reward. These findings could impact the way we look at behavioral challenges - for which a causative factor may be inflammation. email@example.com
Dr Gundry’s Plant Paradox book explains causes of inflammation caused by lectins. The book provides a list of foods to eat that decrease the exposure to lectins. As a cardiologist he had many patients heading for heart surgery that used this diet to prevent having to have the heart surgery. At this point people with other diseases have brought their inflammation down causing a direct effect on decreasing symptoms of their illness.
|Posted by berlinstreethealthcare on January 17, 2020 at 4:00 PM||comments (143)|
The Winter Blues
Many people feel lethargic, fatigued, and moody during the cold, winter months. Some write off these signs and behaviors as just feeling down. Since many don’t believe they need to do anything about it, they don’t take proper care of themselves.
As the weather changes, and your normal routine is thrown out of whack by the time change, your brain’s serotonin activity can decrease. As the brain neurotransmitter that plays a major role in outlook, the lowering of serotonin activity often is linked to low mood. Also, since serotonin is the starting molecule for the brain’s pineal gland to produce melatonin, our main sleep hormone, changes in serotonin activity can rob us of quality sleep.
Though falling back gives us an extra hour of sleep, the tradeoff is that the darker months can negatively affect our mood and sleep patterns. With less sunlight, it becomes increasingly important to get adequate levels of vitamin D during the winter months.
Increase Your Vitamin D During the Winter
Vitamin D, also referred to as the “sunshine vitamin,” is now known to be crucial for the brain’s functioning and maintenance. After it’s made in the skin as vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), it becomes converted, first by the liver then by the kidneys, into a powerful hormone that regulates not only the brain but the heart, circulation, gut, liver, pancreas, immune system, and practically all our tissues. Among its many benefits, vitamin D3 promotes the actions of serotonin, dopamine, and other key brain neurotransmitters.
Unfortunately, many Americans – even those who eat a good diet – are functionally vitamin D deficient. Though definitions of vitamin D deficiency can vary, experts agree that it has nearly reached epidemic status: one research study found that in the U.S., 70% of all adults and 67% of children, aged 1-11, don’t have adequate levels of vitamin D.
Vitamin D deficiency has been associated with illness in winter, when the skin gets less sunshine and makes less vitamin D. In fact, there is research linking vitamin D deficiency to over 200 health concerns. Among these is that low levels of vitamin D have been associated with mood challenges and difficulties with sociability, attention, memory, stress and anxiousness.
If you’re concerned that you or a family member aren’t getting enough vitamin D, you should consider supplementation.
Vitamin D3 5000 IU
BrainMD’s Vitamin D3 5000 provides sufficient vitamin D3 to raise your tissue levels into a healthy range within a short time period, while being completely safe to take long-term. Clinical research has established that taking this safe dose of vitamin D3 daily works better than taking high doses every few weeks or getting a very high dose by injection.
Intensive clinical and scientific research continues to make incredible discoveries about this vitamin – hormone. Vitamin D3 is clearly established as having powerful and extremely versatile effects on health and well-being. In the past two decades, researchers have confirmed its favorable effects on healthy gene regulation, calcium metabolism, cell growth control, hormone balance, and coping with stressful challenges. Vitamin D3 promotes:
• healthy mood
• immune response
• cognitive function
• cardiovascular health
• muscle and bone strength
• overall brain health
The current U.S. Daily Value recommendation is 400 IU, but experts agree this is well below the physiological needs of most individuals and suggest 2,000-10,000 IU daily. BrainMD’s Vitamin D3 5000 raises your levels on just one softgel a day.
If you typically have a hard time adjusting to the DST time switch, vitamin D3 can help you get into a new rhythm and beat the time change blues!
|Posted by berlinstreethealthcare on January 3, 2020 at 4:45 PM||comments (0)|
Standard Process Purification Program
The 21-day Standard Process Purification Program isn’t just a cleanse diet. It’s a structured program that brings healthy lifestyle habits into focus.
It’s designed to purify, nourish and help patients maintain a healthy body weight by eating whole foods, exercising, drinking nutritious shakes and taking supplements made with whole food and other ingredients.
The menu includes a varied abundance of fresh vegetables and fruits for the first 10 days, with select proteins added on day 11. The supplements support the body’s ability to remove naturally occurring toxins. This promotes a state that allows for toxin release.
SP Cleanse combines 20 unique whole food and botanical ingredients designed to support the body's normal toxin-removal processes.
• Supports healthy kidney, liver, and gallbladder function
• Encourages healthy digestive function
• Supports the body's natural toxin-elimination function
• Promotes healthy elimination*
Suggested Use: Seven capsules, three times per day on an empty stomach or with a nutritional supplement shake, or as directed.
SP Green Food provides a simple way to supplement the diet.*
• Promotes healthy liver function
• Supports overall cellular health
• Supports cholesterol metabolism, to help maintain cholesterol levels already within a normal range
• Supports the body's normal toxin-elimination function
• Can be used as nutritional support in the Standard Process Purification Program*
Suggested Use: Two capsules three times per day, or as directed. Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.
Zypan® combines pancreatin, pepsin, and betaine hydrochloride to facilitate healthy digestion.
• Supports macronutrient digestion
• Supports gastric pH
• Includes stearic acid to coat the pancreatin, helping it to be digested in the correct area of the digestive tract
• Provides enzymatic support for protein digestion
• Supports the environment of the GI tract*
Suggested Use: Two tablets with each meal, or as directed.
Gymnema contains a complex mixture of saponins (gymnemic acids) and other compounds. This product is standardized to contain 100 mg per tablet of gymnemic acids to ensure optimal strength and quality. The substances in Gymnema work together to:
• help reduce sweet cravings
• help suppress/inhibit sweet taste sensation*
Suggested Use: 1 tablet 1 - 2 times daily, or as directed.
SP Complete Vanilla or Chocolate offers essential whole food nutrition in a convenient powder with delicious vanilla or chocolate flavor.*
• Provides amino acids
• Supports intestinal, muscular, and immune system health
• Provides ingredients with antioxidant activity
• Supports healthy liver function
• Supports the body’s normal toxin-elimination function
• Contains nondenatured whey proteins that have kept their nutritional integrity throughout the manufacturing process
• Supports the maintenance of a healthy weight when combined with a healthy lifestyle
• Natural flavors made without the use of monosodium glutamate (MSG)
• Adds vital nutrients to any diet and can be used as nutritional support in the Standard Process Purification Program*
Suggested Use: Four rounded tablespoons (scoops) in 8 ounces water. One to three servings per day, or as directed. Mix thoroughly for 10-15 seconds.
|Posted by berlinstreethealthcare on December 19, 2019 at 5:50 PM||comments (0)|
- Zest 1 organic lemon (1TBS or more)
- Scant ¼ cup egg (mix with fork or whisk)
- ½ tsp Vanilla 1 ½ TBS avocado Oil
- ½ cup ground macadamia nut (flour) – do not grid the nuts too much or they will turn into a butter, the texture will be chunkier than almond flour (that’s okay)
- 3 TBS almond flour
- ¼ cup plus 1 TBS Protein Powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup monk fruit
- ¼ cup sliced, chopped, almonds
Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. In a small bowl mix lemon zest, egg, vanilla and avocado oil with a fork. Combine wet and dry ingredients to form a ball. Press the ball onto prepared cookie sheet to measure about 7” long and ¾” wide. Bake for 25-27minutes until center is cooked through (check with tooth pick).
Remove from oven, cool on the pan 10-15 minutes. Turn the oven down to 250. Using a spatula move the large cookie to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife cut into ½ inch cookies (usually 10-11). Place cookies back on the cookie sheet with cut side down.
Put the cookies in the 250 oven for 27 minutes until they start to brown. Cool completely on the pan. Then put them in an airtight container to stay crunchy. Plastic containers can cause the cookies to become soft.
|Posted by berlinstreethealthcare on November 21, 2019 at 3:35 PM||comments (0)|
Revolution-C™ is a powerful, yet gentle formula that combines premium, buffered vitamin C (from a GMO-free source) with dihydroquercetin (DHQ), a unique plant flavonoid that may synergistically enhance vitamin C’s effectiveness as an antioxidant. It also includes BioPerine® black pepper extract, may help increase the absorption of vitamin C into the bloodstream.
• A highly bioavailable vitamin C formula that features a blend of two sources of vitamin C: pure ascorbic acid and calcium ascorbate*
• Enhanced with dihydroquercetin (DHQ), a unique plant flavonoid that may synergistically enhance vitamin C's free radical fighting power and effectiveness by helping to re-circulate it within the body*
• Also contains BioPerine® black pepper extract, an antioxidant that may help increase the absorption of vitamin C in the bloodstream* • Provides powerful antioxidant support against cell-damaging free radicals, supports optimal immune function and promotes overall cardiovascular wellness*
• Helps promote synthesis of collagen, which is vital for healthy skin and blood vessels*
• Made in an FDA inspected facility to meet the stringent standards of US Pharmacopeia (USP) for quality, purity, potency and disintegration
What Makes Revolution-C™ a Superior Vitamin C Supplement?*
1. Non-GMO Vitamin C (800 mg): Revolution-C™ includes the optimal 1,000 mg dose of vitamin C from a blend of ascorbic acid and calcium ascorbate, two superior sources of vitamin C. The vitamin C found in most supplements is synthesized from genetically modified corn.*
2. Dihydroquercetin (DHQ) (25 mg): Revolution-C™ is enhanced with DHQ, a unique flavonoid derived from the larch tree bark that may synergistically enhance vitamin C's effectiveness as an antioxidant by helping to re-circulate it within the body.*
3. BioPerine® Black Pepper Extract (5 mg): Revolution-C™ is further enhanced with BioPerine®, a well-studied black pepper extract that is standardized to contain 95% piperine. BioPerine® has been shown to increase vitamin C absorption within the bloodstream.*
4. Made in the USA: Revolution-C™ is made in the USA in an FDA-inspected facility to meet the US Pharmacopeia's (USP) high standards for purity, potency and quality.
The Many Benefits of Vitamin C*
Vitamin C is an antioxidant that is found in many fruits and vegetables. High doses of vitamin C can help improve immune function, cardiovascular wellness and overall health. Vitamin C also plays a role in promoting the synthesis of collagen, which is vital for healthy skin and blood vessels.* Unlike plants and most animals, humans are unable to manufacture vitamin C within the body and therefore must obtain it from dietary sources. This fact is the reason that many researchers, including the renowned Nobel Prize-winning chemist Linus Pauling, suggest that many of us humans would enjoy better health if we supplemented our diets with amounts of vitamin C proportional to the amounts produced by animals that have the ability to manufacture their own vitamin C. That means high doses of vitamin C that far exceed the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA). The current RDA is set at 90 mg/day for men and 75 mg/day for women which many experts believe is woefully inadequate. In addition, it's important to note that levels of vitamin C within the body also decline with aging, which can make supplementation increasingly important.*
|Posted by berlinstreethealthcare on November 15, 2019 at 5:30 PM||comments (0)|
The Five Compoments of The Verebral Subluxation Complex
1. Joint Damage
- Vertebrea out of proper alignment
- increased stress on joints
- "Locked" jamming joints
- "Clicking" or too much movement in joints
- Reduced range of motion
- Loss of Balance and posture
- Shoulders, hips, knees, feet compensate for postural imbalance
- Loss of energy, fatigue
- Nerves compressed, stretched or "pinched"
- Nerves function abnormally which can lead to:
- Altered internal organ funciton
- Attention deficit disorders, addictive behavior, psychosis and other conditions.
- Abnormal pressure on joints and nearby "soft" tissues
- Soft tissue damage
- Many areas become tender and painful, especially to touch
- "Hot" spots and trigger points
- Unnatural wear and tear caused arthritic changes to the joints and nearby tissues.
- Muscles become tense
- Always tight
- Muscles weaken
- Cartilage, ligaments and tendons are weakened
- Postural distortions
- Dis-ease (lack of wholeness or health)
- Accelerate aging
- Chronic fatigue
- Lessened ability to respond to physical and emotional stress
- Lowered resistance to disease
- Joint degeneration, bone deformation, disc destruction
- Loss of height
- Inability to "hold" adjustment for long periods
|Posted by berlinstreethealthcare on November 8, 2019 at 2:45 PM||comments (0)|
Caffeine Does WHAT To Your Brain??
Although caffeine can lead to temporary increased alertness, excessive consumption does more harm than good. It constricts blood flow to your brain, slows nerve cell activity, puts you in “fight or flight” mode, and that’s just the beginning.
Long-term Addictive Use of Caffeine: Bad for Your Brain?
Excessive caffeine use is associated with chronic dehydration (which can harm your body in numerous ways), added stress on your heart, high blood pressure, jitteriness and headaches, says Daniel Amen, M.D.
Truth is, depending on your own body chemistry, when the effects of the caffeine wear off, you can actually feel fatigued and depressed. So, you consume more caffeine to re-energize. Soon enough, you are hooked on the stuff – and it takes more and more to achieve that same feeling.
After years of studying brain scans at Amen Clinics, it is clear that reduced cerebral blood flow is the opposite of what you want for optimal brain function, says Dr. Amen. “In fact, decreased cerebral blood flow lowers cognitive function and can exacerbate emotional and mental health problems.”
Find out more about this study by https://brainmd.com/blog/is-caffeine-bad-for-you/?trk_msg=COU4N9C8B8FKT5UJIO1P185SMO&trk_contact=7ICOJOP4AB8L3T0LV8IGPIJ6MS&trk_sid=EP5QDOU1KT1ED1BPA736LMA580&utm_source=BMD-Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=READ+MORE&utm_campaign=Caffeine+Does+WHAT+To+Your+Brain%3f%3f" target="_blank">BrainMD